- Soft Lighting
- Looking for smooth transitions? Gently filter in light or darken a room without harsh light extremes.
- UV Protection
- Keep harmful UV rays at bay and protect your furniture and floors.
- Never Lose a View
- Keep an unobstructed view when the fabric slats are open. Great for daydreamers and those who appreciate the world around them.
- Low Profile
- Zebra shades are super lightweight and can be used as a low profile window treatment in windows up to 94" wide.
Zebra blinds, zebra shades, or dual sheer shades are made with alternating bands of light filtering or room darkening sheer material that cycles through as you raise and lower them. Made up of two layers of alternating soft, sheer fabric, these shades can be customized to offer privacy while still letting light through your window.
Zebra shades are available in a large spectrum of neutral colors for both light filtering and room darkening. Additionally, zebra shades are lightweight and roll up into a narrow cassette. Not only are they great for covering large windows up to 94 inches wide, they also won’t obstruct your view when fully open, an ideal choice for large, picturesque windows.
Benefits of Choosing Zebra Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guide for Zebra Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing dual sheer shades for your home:
- Style: Zebra shades have a unique modern look that looks great and complements any décor.
- Light Control: Zebra shades are great for light control, whether you’re filtering light or darkening a room.
- Low Profile: Zebra shades have a very low profile, so when they are open you get an unobstructed view from your window.
- UV Protection: The light filtering benefits of zebra blinds help keep harmful UV rays out and protect your furniture and floors.
Upgrades and Options
Zebra shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Room Darkening: In addition the standard light filtering colors, zebra shades can also be made with room darkening fabrics, ideal for cutting down on light entering a bedroom or nursery.
Cordless: A popular upgrade, cordless eliminates the need for a lift cord and allows you to raise and lower your dual sheer shades with the touch of a finger. Room Darkening colors on the Dual Sheer Shade are not available with Cordless lift.
Motorized: Another popular upgrade, motorized offers the most convenient way to operate your shades throughout your home. Choose a 5 or 15 channel remote for ultimate convenience. The motor works with Li-ion battery, motor is charges using professional charger CH-8.4V/1A.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing zebra shades.
- The fabric of Zebra Shades is not the most ideal for areas of high humidity such as a bathroom or kitchen; consider the distance between the shades and the sink, shower, or bathtub.
- The fabric blocks almost all damaging UV rays and the room darkening shadings also block most light.
- Cordless Lift includes a short cord on the bottom rail for reaching higher windows.
Measuring and Installing Zebra Blinds
These zebra shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for zebra shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 18"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Minimum Height: 16"
- Maximum Height: 94"
- Approximate 3/4" vertical light gap on each side.
- Minimum Width: 20"
- Maximum Width: 98"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 3 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 3/4"
- Cordless Lift
- Motorized Lift