Sheer Horizontal Shades
- The Right Light
- Natural light any way you like it! Light filtering and room darkening options can help you set the tone for your room.
- UV Protection
- Let the sun shine! Sheer fabric blocks almost all of damaging UV rays preventing damage or fading of your furniture over time.
- Enjoy the view
- Sheer shades are great for a room with a view. They can be fully raised or, when fully lowered, the vanes can be tilted open to the "view-through" position.
- Lighter Than Air
- It's almost like a beautiful cloud has come to live in your window! Light enough to be used in windows up to 96" wide.
Horizontal sheer shades, or sheer blinds, combine the soft elegance of a fabric shade with the functionality of a blind. The result is a stunning and unique shade that combines the best of both a shade and blind in one. You can tilt the fabric vanes in the same way you would a blind to control how much light enters a room. When fully closed, two layers of soft, sheer fabric filter light and gently diffuse it into the room.
Sheer blinds are available in several color and fabrics options and operate using a standard continuous cord loop. You can choose between 2 inch, 2.5 inch, and 3 inch slats to help compliment the size of the window you’re covering. The light filtering fabric will provide some level of privacy, but is worth noting that at night, silhouettes can be seen from the outside as the light from inside is diffused outward.
Benefits of Choosing Sheer Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing sheer blinds for your home:
- Style: Sheer blinds combine the functionality of a blind with the light diffusion of a shade for a uniquely modern look.
- Light Control: Multiple slat sizes allow you to choose the slats that not only compliment your windows but provide the perfect amount of light control.
- Light Filtering: The fabric slats of sheer blinds gently diffuse light into the room while providing a moderate amount of privacy.
Upgrades and Options
Sheer shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Room Darkening: In addition to light filtering, sheer shades can be order with room darkening fabric to take light diffusion to the next level. Perfect for areas such as a bedroom, nursery, or media room.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing sheer shades.
- The fabric blocks almost all damaging UV rays and the room darkening shades also block most light.
- Sheer blinds will not completely obstruct the view from the outside at night; it may be possible to see silhouettes in a room when lit.
- Cleaning is best done by lightly vacuuming inside the hollow, horizontal space between sheer fabric slats with a vacuum attachment.
- The fabric material of sheer blinds is not ideal in areas of high humidity such as a bathroom or above a kitchen sink.
Measuring and Installing Sheer Shades
These sheer shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for sheer blinds that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 8"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Minimum Height: 11"
- Maximum Height: 144"
- Approximately 1/2" light gap on each side
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2"
- Minimum Full Recessed Depth: 3 1/4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 3/4"
- Light Filtering and Room Darkening colors available