- Tough and Durable
- Sturdy aluminum, crash-proof cord locks, and a baked-on enamel finish ensure these blinds are built to last through a bustling household.
- Low Cost
- For those searching for a durable and cost-effective solution without sacrificing quality, aluminum blinds are a fantastic choice (and the most economical)!
- Lightweight and Slim
- Aluminum blinds are some of the lightest blinds around. That means they are easy to install in even the largest windows and can be operated with ease.
- Great for Doors
- Need blinds for a door? Great! We've got you covered. The small slat size and slim profile of metal blinds make them an ideal solution.
Mini blinds, also called aluminum blinds or metal blinds, are one of the most popular window treatments due to their durability and affordability. They are popular for a reason; mini blinds are very easy to customize, operate, and clean. They’re also lightweight and can fit in almost any sized window.
With their thin profile, aluminum blinds are an ideal solution to cover windows with a very shallow mounting depth and can even be fitted to windows on doors. Slat sizes can be chosen and customized, so they look just as good in very small windows as they do in large windows. Their slats also allow for tilt controls, permitting privacy and light control.
Benefits of Choosing Aluminum Mini Blinds
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Blinds is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing mini blinds for your home:
- Low Cost: Mini blinds are one of the most cost-effective window treatment options, allowing functionality and privacy while staying on a budget.
- Functionality: Aluminum mini blinds are incredibly easy to operate thanks to their lightweight construction. You can easily raise and lower the blinds, as well as control light and privacy by tilting the slats.
- Light Control: Thanks to their slats, aluminum mini blinds allow for easy light control. With a simple wand tilt, you can let in as much or as little light as you want.
- Easy to Clean: Aluminum blinds are amazingly simple to clean and maintain, meaning they can remain looking brand new with minimal effort. With proper care and maintenance, they will almost never need to be replaced.
- Thin: Mini blinds have a very thin profile, making them excellent choices for doors and windows with a shallow mounting depth or small size.
Upgrades and Options
Aluminum mini blinds have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Cordless Lift: A popular upgrade, this provides a hidden control system to eliminate the lift cord on your aluminum mini blinds and enable the blinds to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Motorized Lift: The ultimate in convenience; with a motorized lift upgrade, your aluminum mini blinds can be raised or lowered at the push of a button.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper to accent your blinds. Some aluminum mini blinds feature fabric-wrapped wooden headrails at the top of the shade, or decorative trim at the bottom.
- Hold Down Brackets: This upgrade allows you to secure your aluminum mini blinds at the bottom and attached to the window frame or wall. Especially useful on doors, they prevent the blinds from swinging out when the door is used.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing mini blinds.
- Aluminum blinds take advantage of function over form. While affordable and very easy to operate, if you are looking for a more decorative or stylish option, there are other solutions.
- The simple design of mini blinds means there is less variety in the customization process besides slat size.
- While the small slats are great for small windows, aluminum blinds may not be the best option when paired with large ones. The small slats can make the larger window look busy.
Measuring and Installing Aluminum Mini Blinds
These mini blinds are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for aluminum blinds that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new blinds but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 10"
- Widths less than 12" will be center tilt without a lift cord
- Minimum Height: 12"
- Maximum Width: 105"
- Maximum Height: 108"
- Maximum Width 2" Slat: 72"
- Control Positions: Left Tilt and Right Lift
- Approximate Inside Mount Width Deduction: 1/2"
- 1" Slats
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 7/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 1 3/4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1"
- 2" Slats
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 7/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1 1/2"
- Cordless Lift for 1" slats only
- Cloth Tapes for 2" slats only