Solar Roller Shades
- Block UV Rays, Not Your View
- Block up to 95% of UV rays while keeping your outside view. These sun-stoppers guard your home's interior and reduce glare.
- Reduce Energy Costs
- Solar shades increase your home's energy efficiency in both warm and cold months, giving you a lower energy bill year-round.
- Easy Upkeep
- These simple shades are easy to clean, operate, and maintain. They're ideal for residential, retail, and office settings.
- Smart Style for Any Home
- Get a trendy, modern look or choose a classic pattern for a traditional design aesthetic. Solar shades can match any décor.
Indoor solar shades are the perfect choice in rooms where you want to reduce glare and ultraviolet (UV) rays. Solar shades are designed to cut down on harmful sun rays while still maintain your view outside. Reducing glare is ideal for home theaters, media rooms, and home offices where annoying glares on a screen can disrupt the experience. Solar shades also block UV rays, control heat buildup, and even protect furniture.
Benefits of Choosing Solar Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing solar shades for your home:
- Keep Your View: Solar shades block sunlight but don’t obstruct your view.
- Glare Protection: Solar shades significantly reduce glare from sunlight and are ideal choices in media rooms, offices, home theaters, or anywhere you spend around screens.
- UV Blocking: Solar shades help to block harmful UV rays, protecting furniture and reducing heat.
Upgrades and Options
Solar shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Motorized Lift: The ultimate in convenience. This option lets you raise or lower your solar shades at the touch of a button, ideal for hard-to-reach windows and households with children and pets.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your solar shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your solar blinds will be secured to wall or window frame, meaning your shades will have fewer visible cords. Available on most window sizes, it’s especially useful for making larger or heavier shades easier to operate.
- Opacity: Choose from light filtering materials with various percentages of light blocking or go full blackout, ideal in bedrooms and movie rooms.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing solar shades.
- Inside mount solar shades must meet a minimum depth requirement to accommodate the mechanism. As a result, inside mount option may experience some light gaps between the edge of the shade and the window frame. For a full light blocking installation, consider going with an outside mount.
- Solar blinds with a light filtering fabric will not provide nighttime privacy, as the same visibility you get during the day will be reversed at night when lights are on inside the home. For more privacy, consider going with a blackout fabric.
Measuring and Installing Indoor Solar Shades
These solar shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for solar shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 15"
- Maximum Width: 115"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Height: 120"
- Light Gap on control side: Approximately 3/4"
- Light Gap opposite control side: Approximately 1/2"
- Deluxe Colors only
- Minimum Width: 14"
- Maximum Width: 72"
- Minimum Height: 12"
- Maximum Height: 72"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 3"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
- Motorized Lift
- Stainless Steel Chain
- Spring Tension Cordless Lift
- Cassette Valance