Solar Roller Shades
- Block UV Rays, Not Your View
- Block up to 95% of UV rays while keeping your outside view. These sun-stoppers guard your home's interior and reduce glare.
- Reduce Energy Costs
- Solar shades increase your home's energy efficiency in both warm and cold months, giving you a lower energy bill year-round.
- Easy Upkeep
- These simple shades are easy to clean, operate, and maintain. They're ideal for residential, retail, and office settings.
- Smart Style for Any Home
- Get a trendy, modern look or choose a classic pattern for a traditional design aesthetic. Solar shades can match any décor.
We all love a little sunshine, but UV rays can damage your home’s interior and furnishings and decrease energy efficiency. Solar shades step up to the sun to block harmful rays while preserving your outside view! They also boost energy efficiency, which decreases your electric bill, and their sleek appearance can be dressed up or down to match any décor. Excellent sun protection, endless design versatility, reduced energy costs…what’s not to love?
Colors: Various colors, textures, and fabrics.
Material: 1%, 3%, 5%, or 10% openness. A lower openness percentage will block more sunlight, but will also diminish your view outside. A higher openness percentage will give you a clearer view, but won’t block as much light.
Operation Options: Cord control standard.
Upgrades: Stainless steel chain, spring tension cordless lift, and cassette valance.
Solar shades are available in 1%, 3%, 5%, or 10% openness percentages. Lower percentages block more light but diminish your view, while higher percentages are the opposite. So it’s important to weigh your priorities between visibility and sun blockage when choosing a percentage. The best way to know for sure? Request product samples. You get up to 10 free!
All solar shades are semi-transparent, so they’re not the ideal solution if privacy is your main concern. In this case, we recommend you consider standard roller shades.
Cordless options on solar shades are safer for kids. Dangling cords and strings of standard corded options are not considered child or pet safe.
For a finishing touch, upgrade your shade with the cassette valance. It will come with white hardware and a fabric insert with the fabric you choose for the shade.
The cordless lift option for solar shades is considered safer for kids and pets because there are no exposed cords. Cordless upgrades must be added to each window treatment during customization and purchase. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present. Learn more about child safety and window treatments.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 15"
- Maximum Width: 115"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Height: 120"
- Light Gap on control side: Approximately 3/4"
- Light Gap opposite control side: Approximately 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 3"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
- Stainless Steel Chain
- Spring Tension Cordless Lift
- Cassette Valance