Simple Shades Buying Guide
There’s a reason why these shades are our top-selling product: they’re versatile, energy-efficient, easy to install, and come in a wide selection of colors and styles.
Ready for a painless breakdown of our most popular shades? Don’t worry – JustBlinds has your windows covered.
Simple Guide to Cellular Shades
If you’re looking for simple style, look no further than cellular shades. They’re easy to install and operate, which make them a popular choice if you need to get shades up in a hurry.
Here are the advantages of cellular shades:
- Cellular shades are also a great choice for privacy. When fully closed, cellular shades block the view of your home from the outside.
- These versatile shades can also help save money on energy bills – their honeycomb construction traps air inside, protecting your home from both heat and cold. Upgrade to double or triple cell shades for even greater insulation properties.
- Cellular shades are an ideal choice for light control. Light-filtering shades can reduce glare in media rooms, while blackout shade fabrics can completely darken a room.
You can upgrade your Cellular Shades with additional features:
- Cordless Lift – a hidden control system eliminates the needs for cords. Simply raise or lower the cellular shades from the bottom.
- Top Down/Bottom Up – this upgrade grants more control over the amount of light entering your home. You can raise your shades from the bottom up, lower them from the top down, or both.
Here are some reasons you may NOT want to choose Cellular Shades for a particular room:
- Cellular Shades can absorb moisture in the air. Keep them away from windows near sinks, showers, or stoves to avoid unwanted smells.
- Cellular Shades do not have slats, so your view will be partly obstructed by the fabric of the shade.
Simple Guide to Roller Shades
Roller shades also come in a wide selection of colors and styles, so they can match almost any décor. They’re also one of the easiest shades to clean, which make them an ideal choice if you plan to never buy window treatments ever again. With the proper care, roller shades have an extremely long lifespan.
Here are more advantages to roller shades:
- As we mentioned above, roller shades are some of the easiest window treatments to keep clean. Depending on the material, it can be as simple as wiping them down with a soapy cloth, duster, or the brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner.
- Roller shades can match almost any décor. Choose from a wide selection of colors, textures, and opacities.
- Roller shades are fantastic for blocking light and ensuring privacy when closed.
You can upgrade your roller shades with the following optional features:
- Cordless Lift – a hidden control system eliminates the needs for cords. Simply raise or lower the roller shades from the bottom.
- Continuous Cord Loop - A bead chain runs from the top-right of the shade to the bottom-right of the windowsill in a loop where it is fastened by a hold down. This eliminates dangling cords and allows the shade to move smoothly.
Here are some reasons you may NOT want to choose Roller Shades:
- Light filtering fabrics or liners will appear white when viewed from the street. Consider this appearance when thinking about the curb appeal of your home.
- Light gaps may exist on either side of the shade, even with a total blackout shade.
- If you plan on installing your roller shades as inside mount – inside the window frame – your window must meet the minimum depth requirement to properly install the hardware.
Simple Guide to Roman Shades
Want to add a pop of color or style to your new place? Roman Shades are a designer’s dream. With the always-economical JustBlinds prices, it’s never been easier to go designer on a budget. Read on to discover if Roman Shades are the right shades for you.
- Roman Shades are nearly unmatched for color and pattern options. From floral to geometric or simple to bold, there’s no shortage of dazzling design choices for Roman Shades.
- In addition to style, Roman Shades have functional advantages. They fold neatly when raised, which gives you precise control over privacy and light. Blackout and light-filtering liners
- No need to worry about installation and operation – Roman Shades are some of the easiest window treatments to install, operate, and clean.
Upgrade your Roman Shades with the following optional features:
- Cordless Lift - a hidden control system eliminates the needs for cords. Simply raise or lower the roller shades from the bottom.
- Blackout Liners – Privacy liners can be added to your Roman Shades for increased light control. Light control liners can also protect your Roman Shades from sun damage.
Here are some important considerations to make before committing to Roman Shades:
- Roman Shades require a minimum window depth to install and operate. Ensure your window frames meet the minimum depth requirement before purchasing.
- Roman Shades have a tall stack when completely raised – the top part of your shades will obstruct your view, so keep this in mind if you’d like to have full access to your window view.