- Save on Energy
- Outdoor shades can help keep energy costs down and your fun factor up.
- Keep Your Cool
- Keep your home looking and feeling cool and reduce annoying glare!
- UV Protection
- Protect your home and furniture. Outdoor shades are like sunscreen for your house!
- Love your View
- You'll love being outdoors with shades that block sunlight, but not your view!
Outdoor blinds and shades, or patio blinds and shades, are the ideal choice for any outdoor space. Outdoor shades are designed to help block ultraviolet (UV) rays and control incoming sunlight. Resistant to harsh weather and rust, these rugged shades are basically perfect for year-round outdoor lounging, gatherings, and relaxation.
Blocking the sun and UV rays in outdoor areas makes them much more enjoyable, especially in the summer. As a bonus, patio shades don’t obstruct your view! Like other solar shades, these outdoor shades allow you to see through them and come in a range of popular colors in openness factors that range from 1% to 10%. The larger openness number means more light is let through and more of your view is preserved.
Benefits of Choosing Outdoor Patio Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing outdoor patio shades for your home:
- Glare Protection: Outdoor shades significantly reduce glare from the sun and a perfect compliment to patios or other outdoors areas where you want to entertain.
- UV Blocking: Outdoor patio shades help to block harmful UV rays, protecting furniture and helping to reduce heat buildup.
- Keep Your View: Exterior shades block rays but don’t obstruct your view, allowing you to see through them.
Upgrades and Options
Outdoor shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Opacity: This option allows you to choose how much light the outdoor roller shades let through and are available from 1% to 10% opactity.
- Cassette Valance: This option adds a cassette valance to the top of the shades and covering the roll. Perfect for adding an enhanced look when the patio shades are installed
- Tie Downs: Add in bungee tie-downs to keep your shades in place when lowered to combat wind or prevent them swaying in a breeze.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing patio shades.
- Outdoor shades are not just for windows. You can install these in gaps between posts on a deck, porch, or balcony.
- These shades are built for the outdoors and resist mold, mildew, and fading from continuous exposure to the sun.
- Outdoor solar shades can be cleaned with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth with a light soap and water solution.
- While outdoor shades help to block UV rays that can be harmful to furniture, floors, and other items, they are not 100% private. Depending on the intensity of light on either side of the shade, your privacy will vary.
Measuring and Installing Outdoor Patio Shades
These outdoor shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for patio shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 15"
- Maximum Width: 115"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Height: 108"
- Maximum Height When Wider than 96": 84"
- Approximate light gap on each side: 9/16"
- End Caps are color coordinated when possible
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 3"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1 1/2"
- Loop control on right side only
- Stainless steel chain
- Cassette valance with fabric insert
- Bungee hold downs