- Added Insulation
- Cellular shades look great while adding insulation. It's a win-win!
- The Light Stuff
- It's your choice! Both light filtering and blackout options are available.
- Easy to Clean
- Cellular shades are easy to clean window treatments that have anti-static and dust repellent properties. Clean them by vacuuming dust off with the brush extension on your vacuum cleaner.
- Affordable Frills
- Cellular shades are a budget-friendly way to add a high-end, modern energy to your home space.
Cellular shades, also called honeycomb shades, are one of our universally popular window treatments. Honeycomb shades are a great mix of style and easy operation, combined with unmatched features and benefits. They are available in a wide variety of styles and colors, easily customizable to match any décor in your home, and their insulating properties can help save money on energy bills.
Cellular shades are also excellent at blocking or diffusing light. A range of light filtering options are available, you can even select a full blackout option to eliminate light entirely, making cellular shades ideal for bedrooms, nurseries, media rooms, and home offices.
Benefits of Choosing Cellular Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guide for Cellular Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing honeycomb shades for your home:
- Stylish: Cellular shades are a great modern décor choice to elegantly accent a room while still being cost-effective. You also have a wide range of color options to choose from, allowing you to match any décor style.
- Light Filtering: Cellular shades are one of the best window treatment options for diffusing or blocking light entirely. You can choose honeycomb shades in a range of light filtering options to blackout.
- Insulating: The honeycomb pocket design of cellular shades provides excellent insulation around your windows. Cellular shades make your house warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Upgrades and Options
Cellular shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Motorization: Motorization offers the ultimate in convenience. Raise and lower your honeycomb shades with the push of a button. Perfect for hard-to-reach windows.
- Cordless Lift: This popular feature upgrades your cellular shades with a hidden control system, eliminating the need for cords and enabling your cellular shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger. This upgrade is a popular choice for homes with children or pets.
- Continuous Cord Loop: This cellular shade upgrade secures your cellular shade cord to the wall or window frame, allowing you to easily raise or lower your shades by pulling the loop cord in either direction. This upgrade is recommended for shades covering a large or wide window.
- Top Down / Bottom Up: This upgrade allows you to raise your cellular shades from the bottom or lower from the top. Available as corded or cordless, this upgrade allows customizable views with privacy coverage.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper that accents your shades for an extra touch.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing cellular shades.
- Cellular shades do not have tilting slats to allow for light adjustment, which limits control over your view outside.
- Honeycomb shades can absorb moisture and odors, so they aren’t recommended for areas such as a kitchen or bathroom. They can still be a viable choice for those rooms but consider where they will be installed and ensure there is sufficient distance from showers, sinks, and stoves.
Measuring and Installing Cellular Shades
These cellular shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for honeycomb shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 16"
- Minimum Height: 20"
- Maximum Width: 84"
- Maximum Height: 120"
- Approximate Inside Mount Deduction: 3/8"
- Minimum Width: 22"
- Minimum Height: 10"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Maximum Height: 96"
- Approximate Inside Mount Deduction: 3/8"
All Lifts except Motorization
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 2 3/8"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2 5/16"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 1 1/4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2 5/16"
- Top-Down / Bottom-Up Lift
- Cordless Lift
- Cordless Top-Down / Bottom-Up Lift
- Motorization (Currently not available)