- Designer Fabrics
- Get ready for dazzling design. Roman shades can act as a brilliant backdrop full of color and texture to deck out your home.
- Light Control
- Whether you're a night owl or morning dynamo, there are light filtering options just for you.
- Cordless Option
- Easy, breezy, and modern, cordless is a popular and favorite upgrade.
- Light Weight
- Roman shades just love to show off their lighter-weight style in large, tricky to cover windows.
Roman shades, or Roman blinds, are a unique choice for anyone wanting the look of a curtain or drapery but the light control of a blind or shade. Roman shades can be raised or lowered like traditional blinds, livening up a room with color when lowered and folding up neatly as they are raised.
Roman blinds are available in a wide range of colors, patterns, and fabrics, allowing them to be customized to fit with any décor for most rooms. Additionally, they come in a range of light filtering to blackout options for even more light control.
Benefits of Choosing Roman Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing Roman blinds for your home:
- Style: Roman shades come in a wide assortment of designer colors, styles, patterns, and fabrics allowing you to pick the perfect shade to match the décor of your room.
- Functionality: Roman blinds are easy to hang and operate like a normal blind, but retain the look of draperies.
- Light Control: Roman shades come in a wide array of light control options from light filtering to blackout. Additionally, precise controls allow you to raise of lower the shades and let in the perfect amount of light throughout the day.
- Light Weight: Roman shades are a lighter weight window covering, perfect for large windows when a lot a shade is required.
Upgrades and Options
Roman blinds have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Cordless Lift: A popular option provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your Roman shades and enables them to be easily raised or lowered.
- Hobbled Fold: In addition to the plain flat fold, hobbled folds are an option on many roman shades. When fully extended, it will retain the soft folds or "loops" of fabric for a more traditional look.
- Blackout Liner: Adding a blackout liner is a great addition for rooms where room darkening is a must, like a bedroom or home theater.
- Deluxe Color Upgrades: Take your Roman shades even further with a range of deluxe color upgrades to perfectly compliment any room.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing Roman shades.
- When raised, Roman blinds have a taller stack that can partially block the view at the top.
- Roman shades require a certain minimum depth for the window to hang correctly and account for the folds and mechanisms. If choosing an inside mount, double check the depth requirements.
- Roman shades are made from fabric, and not ideal in areas like a bathroom where moisture levels are typically high.
- Cleaning consists of light vacuuming when needed.
Measuring and Installing Roman Shades
These Roman blinds are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for Roman shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 12"
- Maximum Width: 100"
- Minimum Height: 16"
- Maximum Height: 120"
- Minimum Width with Cordless: 24"
- Maximum Width with Cordless: 70"
- Minimum Height with Cordless: 24"
- Maximum Height with Cordless: 72"
- Approximate Inside Mount Deduction: 1/4" to 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed: 3 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed with cordless): 4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1 1/4"
- Blackout Liner
- Cordless Lift for select colors
- Hobble Fold