- Easy Upkeep
- Super easy to clean, operate, and maintain, roller shades are ideal solutions in residential, retail, and office settings.
- Top Picks
- It’s easy to get excited with so many choices of material, texture, light control, and lift options.
- Any Style, Anywhere
- Get an updated, modern look or choose an elegant pattern for a more traditional setting. Roller shades can match any décor.
- Manage Sunlight
- Show sunlight who’s boss with light filtering and blackout to control brightness and privacy.
Roller shades, sometimes referred to as roller blinds, are available in a wide variety of fabrics and colors. Roller shades are sleek, simple, and also very easy to adjust. Roller shades roll up neatly at the top of the window, allowing for greater visibility when raised. Roller blinds are also some of the easiest window treatments to clean and maintain.
Roller shades offer many customization options, from texture to color. Fabrics range from solid colors to bold patterns, and a variety of textures like woven fabric and tweed. Colors are available from rich, premium material choices to more subtle neutral tones. Additionally, roller blinds can be made with varying levels of light filtering options to diffuse light throughout a room or block it entirely with blackout capability.
Benefits of Choosing Roller Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing roller blinds for your home:
- Style: Roller shades come in a wide assortment of styles, patterns, fabrics, and colors, allowing you to pick the perfect shade style to accent or match your décor.
- Light Control: Roller shades offer a wide variety of light control selection. Easy operation allows you to adjust to your roller shade height throughout the day. Additionally, they’re available in both light filtering and blackout to further control light or block it completely.
- Functionality: Roller blinds are incredibly easy to operate, and can even be ordered with optional upgrades to make raising and lowering your shades even easier.
- Easy to Clean: Roller blinds are amazingly simple to clean and maintain, meaning they can look brand new for a long time and with minimal effort.
Upgrades and Options
Roller shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Motorized Lift: The ultimate in convenience. With a motorized lift upgrade, your roller shades can be raised or lowered at the push of a button. Ideal for hard-to-reach windows.
- Opacity: Opacity options allow you to choose how much light the roller shades let into a room. Choose from light filtering materials with various percentages of light blocking or go full blackout, ideal in bedrooms, nurseries, media rooms, and home offices.
- Cordless Lift: This popular option provides a hidden control system, eliminating the lift cord on your roller shades and enables them to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Continuous Cord Loop Controls: With this option, the cords on your roller shades will be secured to wall or window frame, eliminating a hanging or dangling cord. A great choice for larger/heavier shades, making them easier to operate.
- Valances and Cornices: A stylish topper to accent your shades. Some Roller blinds feature fabric-wrapped wooden headrails at the top of the shade, or decorative trim at the bottom.
- Finishing Touches: Roller shades can be further customized with additional accents, such as trim, beads, and bottom borders.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing roller shades.
- Inside mount roller shades must meet a minimum depth requirement to accommodate the mechanism. As a result, inside mount option may experience some light gaps on the sides between the shade and the window frame. For a full light blocking installation, consider going with an outside mount.
- Roller blinds with a light filtering fabric might still show shadows or silhouettes from the outside, especially at night when light sources in the home are present. For increased privacy, consider going with a blackout fabric.
Measuring and Installing Roller Shades
These roller shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for roller blinds that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 15"
- Maximum Width: 103"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Height: 107"
- Maximum Width by Opacity
- Light Filtering: up to 93"
- Room Darkening: up to 103"
- Light gap between material and window frame on control side: Approximately 3/4"
- Light gap between material and window frame opposite control side: Approximately 1/2"
- Light gap between material and window frame on cordless lift: Approximately 3/8" - 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 1/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 3"
- Inside mount fabric will have a deduction of 1 1/4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
- Stainless Steel Chain
- Spring Tension Cordless Lift
- Cassette Valance