- Choice Materials
- You can't go wrong with PVC, fabric, or faux wood. They'll all look delightful!
- Personalized Stacking
- Ready for VIP treatment? Choose between one way or split stacking for your vertical blinds.
- Easy to Clean
- Lucky for you, vertical blinds are super easy to wipe, wash, or vacuum.
- Perfect Solution for Sliders
- The love story between sliding doors and vertical blinds goes way back for a reason. They're a perfect pair!
Vertical blinds are an ideal choice for covering large windows, patio doors, or sliding glass doors. Made from simple, durable materials like PVC, faux wood, or even fabric, vertical blinds hold up well to frequent operation and use, especially if used on a patio door. Since they’re also easy to clean, vertical blinds remain a popular window treatment for many homes and styles.
Benefits of Choosing Vertical Blinds
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guide for Vertical Blinds is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing vertical blinds for your home:
- Durable: Vertical blinds are constructed from durable materials like PVC, faux wood, and fabric. PVC and faux wood are great choices in areas with lots of moisture, since they are resistant to warping and cracking.
- Coverage: Vertical blinds open horizontally, which make them a popular choice for covering sliding glass or patio doors. They’re also ideal for covering large windows that run floor-to-ceiling.
- Easy to Clean: Vertical blinds are one of the easiest window treatments to clean, PVC and faux wood vertical blinds can be occasionally wiped down with a damp cloth or dust remover to keep them clean.
Upgrades and Options
Vertical blinds have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
- Stack Placement: You can choose which side your vertical blinds stack on when opened: left, right, or both. Stack placement can impact your view, offering several options to maintain your view outside.
- Slats: Slat options on vertical blinds are available in smooth, textured, or S-shaped. Smooth slats offer a simple style, while textures can add a level of visual interest. S-shaped slats are a great choice to provide more light blockage, if light control is a priority.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing vertical blinds:
- Vertical blinds have a track system with wide slats, which require more mounting depth; always read the measure and installation instructions carefully before committing to vertical blinds.
- Vertical blinds offer some light blocking functionality and privacy, but will not offer total light blockage.
- Vertical blinds are proportioned for large windows or doors and can look strange on smaller ones. If covering smaller windows in the same room, consider an alternative that still compliments the larger window blinds.
Measuring and Installing Vertical blinds
These vertical blinds are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for vertical blinds that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new blinds but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 6"
- Maximum Width: 120"
- Minimum Height: 9"
- Maximum Height: 108"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2 3/4"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 4"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
- Square Corner Valance included
- Wand control
- One Way Stack
- Split Stack
- PVC inserted louvers (fabric only)