Simple Blinds Buying Guide
Our Simple Blinds Buying Guide has the answers for choosing the best blinds at the most affordable price. Our Design Consultant experts weighed in to select the 3 most popular blinds for affordability and lifespan.
Ready for a painless breakdown of our most popular blinds? Don’t worry – JustBlinds has your windows covered!
Simple Guide to Aluminum Blinds
Aluminum blinds – also called Mini Blinds – are the perfect intersection of affordability and durability. If you need window treatments up in a hurry and don’t want to hassle with style, Aluminum Blinds are your new best friend.
Here are some advantages to aluminum blinds:
1. Aluminum blinds are absolutely the most affordable window treatments available. Even better, you won’t sacrifice quality when choosing this budget-friendly option.
2. Aluminum blinds are tough and durable – sturdy aluminum and enamel finish make these blinds built to last. They’re perfect for a bustling household and even make great treatments for doors with windows.
3. Aluminum blinds are lightweight, easy to operate, and can fit in almost any sized window.
You can upgrade your Aluminum Blinds with these optional features:
1. For 1-inch aluminum blinds, double slat valances are available as a decorative topper for your blinds.
2. For 2-inch aluminum blinds, cloth tape ladders are available to cover the threaded holes in your blinds.
Take these factors into consideration before choosing Aluminum Blinds:
1. Aluminum Blinds are available in different colors, but they are often chosen for affordability and functionality over style.
2. With their simple construction, optional upgrades are limited.
3. Aluminum blinds have small slats, which may give a cramped appearance if covering large windows.
Simple Guide to Faux Wood Blinds
Faux Wood Blinds are another popular blinds option, and a favorite among consumers. Faux Wood blinds provide durability and light control with the appearance of genuine wood blinds. They’re a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms, but can work in virtually any setting.
Here are the advantages of choosing Faux Wood Blinds for your home:
1. Faux wood blinds are resistant to scratching and warping, as well as extremely easy to clean. With the proper care, they have a long lifespan.
2. They’re also resistant to warping, which means they can withstand kitchens and bathrooms unlike their genuine wood blinds counterparts.
3. Compared to genuine wood blinds, faux wood blinds are less expensive and more suitable for rooms with high moisture.
You can upgrade your Faux Wood Blinds with these optional upgrades:
1. Cordless Lift - a hidden control system eliminates the needs for cords. Simply raise or lower the faux wood blinds from the bottom.
2. Routeless Slats - get more light control and privacy by eliminating the holes in which the operational cords pass through. Please note this upgrade is not ideal for outside mount blinds.
Keep these factors in mind when considering Faux Wood Blinds:
1. Faux Wood Blinds can block sunlight in the summer, but are not the most energy-efficient in the winter. Consider other window treatment options with better insulation – such as cellular shades – if energy efficiency is important to you.
2. Faux Wood Blinds are heavier than genuine Wood Blinds. Therefore, we don’t recommend them for covering large windows.
3. Faux Wood Blinds mimic the appearance of their genuine wood blind counterparts, but there will be subtle differences between the two. If you’re particular about the appearance of your wood blinds, genuine wood blinds may be more suitable to your style.
Simple Guide to Wood Blinds
There’s no substitute for genuine Wood Blinds. Their natural woodgrain finish bring beauty and warmth to any room and can match almost any style and décor.
Here are some reasons why our customers love Wood Blinds:
1. High quality wood blinds are durable – with the proper care, they can have a long lifespan.
2. Wood Blinds are available in a wide selection of stained finishes and classic paint colors. They’re a great match to coordinate with wood furniture or earth tones in any room.
3. Wood Blinds are a great compromise of durability and style without the high cost of genuine wood shutters.
Upgrade your wood blinds with these optional upgrades:
1. Cordless Lift - a hidden control system eliminates the needs for cords. Simply raise or lower the wood blinds from the bottom.
2. Decorative Cloth Tape – cover the routing holles and hide the operational cords with a decorative tape.
Consider these factors when deciding if Wood Blinds are right for your home:
1. The most important consideration with Wood Blinds is room placement – since they’re constructed from real wood, Wood Blinds can crack and warp when exposed to moisture. Wood Blinds are absolutely not recommended for kitchens, bathrooms, or any room in your home where moisture may be present in the air. Consider Faux Wood Blinds for a similar appearance without the risk of damage to your blinds.
2. Wood Blinds have thick slats, and may obstruct your view when fully raised.