Woven Wood Shades
- Made with Renewable Resources
- We’re happy to say that woven wood shades are made with renewable resources like bamboo, jute and flax.
- Naturally Enchanting
- Nothing can mimic the natural beauty, colors, and varying weaves of woven wood shades. They’re simply sublime.
- Cordless Available
- Opening and closing these shades are a piece of cake! No fork or frosting needed.
- Privacy & Light
- Woven wood shades won’t leave you exposed! Choose from several liner options and we’ll make these just for you.
Bamboo shades, woven wood shades, bamboo blinds, and matchstick blinds are all referring to the same style of shade built with natural materials. Woven wood shades are an excellent choice to compliment many types of décor styles from traditional to modern. The natural materials lend a unique look to each shade, meaning no two will ever look identical.
Bamboo blinds are excellent at light control and privacy while still allowing natural light to enter a room if you want. This makes them an excellent choices for many rooms in the house from dining and living rooms, to bedrooms and home theaters. Plus, cordless and top-down / bottom-up options not only make operation easier, but allow you to control which direction the shades open.
Benefits of Choosing Bamboo Shades?
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing woven wood shades for your home:
- Natural: Bamboo blinds enhance any room with natural beauty pulled from nature to compliment any décor. Their natural materials show off how unique each shade is, with no two ever being identical.
- Light Control: Matchstick blinds are excellent for both light control and privacy. Liners are available add privacy or room darkening to the shades.
Upgrades and Options
Bamboo shades have some options and upgrades available to enhance their look or function.
Motorized Lift: The ultimate in convenience. This option lets you raise or lower your solar shades at the touch of a button, ideal for hard-to-reach windows and households with children and pets.
Cordless Lift: Always a popular option, this provides a hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your woven wood shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered.
- Top-Down / Bottom-Up: This option allows your bamboo or woven wood shades to be raised and lowered in either direction to allow for customized light control and privacy.
Here are a few things to consider before purchasing bamboo blinds.
- Woven wood shades can be harder to clean than other blinds or shades due to their materials.
- Since woven wood shades are made of natural materials, it is important to keep in mind that these materials have unique variations in color, texture, and size.
- Colors may change over time, as with any natural wood product; this adds to the natural beauty of the material and does not represent a defect.
- Due to natural materials, bamboo shades can be subject to warping if installed in high humidity areas.
- The natural elasticity of yarns combined with the weight of the natural woven material may cause shades to stretch upwards to 1" to 1 1/2" after installation. This is particularly noticeable on inside mount shades or shades that extend from ceiling to floor. This is a natural occurring characteristic and is not considered a flaw.
- Remote control motors can be paired with our automated hub for control through smart phones and select smart home technologies that include Amazon Alexa, Control4, Google Home, IFTTT, RTI, Samsung Smart Things, and Siri Short Cuts.
- Motorized shades are powered by a rechargeable motor. The motor charge generally lasts 3 – 6 months, with recharging required after 300 up/down cycles. Motors can be controlled by a wand that hangs to the side of the shade or by a multi-channel remote control.
Measuring and Installing Bamboo Shades
These woven wood shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for bamboo shades that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 12"
- Maximum Width Standard: 72"
- Maximum Width Deluxe Colors: 96"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Height Standard: 72"
- Maximum Height Deluxe Colors: 108"
- Minimum Width (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up): 18"
- Minimum Height (Cordless Top Down Bottom Up): 36"
- Minimum Width: 23"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Minimum Height: 18"
Maximum Height: 108"
Approximate Inside Mount Deduction: 3/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth Fully Recessed: 2 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1 1/2"
Cordless Top Down Bottom Up
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth Fully Recessed: 2 1/2"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
Available Upgrades (Deluxe colors only)
- Edge Binding
- Light Filtering Liner
- Blackout Liner
- Top Down Bottom Up
- Motorized Lift