Faux Wood Blinds Buying Guide
Faux wood blinds are an elegant choice for many modern homes. These blinds offer the look of real wood but at a fraction of the cost. JustBlinds offers a selection of faux wood blinds designed to suit almost any window. Check out our extensive selection of high-end faux wood blinds online.
Faux Wood Blinds Features
Faux wood blinds use polyvinyl chloride, more commonly referred to as PVC. This affordable material can mimic the look and feel of real wood. With its realistic appearance and ability to withstand moisture and high heat, faux wood is an outstanding choice for most living spaces. Faux wood blinds are available in an array of stain or paint colors to match or complement the interior décor. Easy maintenance is a major advantage of faux wood blinds. The durable PVC material used to construct these blinds can clean up nicely with just a little soap and water. This makes it much easier to keep window treatments looking their best year after year. Owners will appreciate saving time and effort on maintaining these elegant window treatment options. Because PVC materials resist moisture and can tolerate significant temperature changes, faux wood blinds are suitable for use in any room. The ability to adjust the slats of the blinds makes it easy to shift from privacy mode to enjoying the view with minimal effort.
Faux Wood Blinds Upgrades
Finding the right upgrades for your faux wood blinds can enhance their beauty and functionality. Consider these features:
- Valances and cornices offer added design elements for these window treatments. You can also opt for cloth tapes to cover route holes, creating a streamlined look for the blinds.
- Routeless blinds eliminate the need for holes for cords, which can enhance the light-blocking properties of faux wood blinds. Cordless lift functionality is also available to create the perfect look for the home.
- Rounded corners are a stylish option for faux wood blinds that can enhance the beauty of your interior décor. For homeowners who are looking to elevate their window treatments, rounded edges could be the perfect design option.Cellular Shades Considerations
Faux Wood Blinds Considerations
Faux wood blinds are a more affordable alternative to real wood blinds. While these innovative window treatments offer many advantages, there are a few points to keep in mind when deciding if faux wood blinds are the ideal solution:
- Weight: Faux wood blinds are usually heavier than comparable real wood blinds. For larger windows, this can create difficulties in installation and operation.
- Appearance: While most faux wood blinds are difficult to distinguish from the real thing, there are subtle differences in appearance and texture. You can request samples of the blinds to help you to determine if faux wood is the right material for you.
- Insulation: Faux wood blinds offer minimal insulation. If energy efficiency is a priority for the home, other window treatment options may be better choices.