Thank you for your purchase. Please read all instructions before beginning your installation.
Check your package for contents needed for proper installation.
Hardware Quantity Standard
Note: You may find more hardware parts than you actually need. In that case, feel free to set them aside for future use. Cord Cleat is included.
How to Reassemble Cord Release Device
Our blind comes equipped with a cord release device that prevents child strangulation. Should the cord release device come apart, please refer to below steps:
- Open cord release device entirely.
- Align all operating cords and slide them into the slot of cord release device.
- Snap cord release device together to close.
Step 1. Install Brackets
Mark the bracket location on the mounting surface. For easy installation and proper blind operation, use a level to ensure all brackets are in alignment.
- Recommended: Use a level to double check the brackets are at the same level.
Step 2. Install the Headrail
- Install the cord cleat on the wall. Wrap the operating cords around the cord clear for child safety. Always use the cord cleat to keep cords out of the reach of children. The cleat should be installed more than 64" (1.6m) from the floor.
Operate Your Blind
- Each cord with individual tassel. Simply pull on all tilt cords as a group to control the angle of your slats.
- Pull the cord to raise and lower the blind. The slats need to be open when lowering the blind. When raising the blind, we recommend that you gently tilt the slats toward you before raising the blind. The proper way to raise the blind is to support the bottom rail with your hand while pulling on the cords (about 45 degrees). Pull the cord toward the outside of the blind to lock the position. Pull toward the center to release the blind from the locked position.
There are 2 easy ways for you to line up the SmartPrivacy™ slats:
- Fully raise the blind and tap on both ends until slats are lined up.
- Raise and lower the blind several times and the blind will self-align.
Remove the Blind
Perform periodic simple cleaning of your blind will keep your blind looking its best for years to come. There are two ways to clean:
- You can dust it with a duster or dusting mitten.
- You can use a soft cloth slightly moistened with lukewarm water to wipe down the slats.
You can clean it with the blind hanging on the window, or you can just take it down completely. By tilting the slats down but not fully closed, you will be able to clean most of the top surface of each slat. Do not use detergent or abrasive cleaning solutions to clean the blind since it will likely cause damage to the blind.
Deluxe Installation Instructions
Tools you will need
- Measuring tape
- Power drill
- Appropriate fasteners
Step 1. Prepare Brackets
Use the following # of Center Support Installation Brackets based on the Blind Width:
- UP TO 49" = 0
- 49 1/8" - 72 7/8" = 1
- 73" AND GREATER = 2
Prepare box brackets for installation
Open the front of the bracket by pressing on the bottom of the bracket to release the locking tab while lifting the front gate.
Step 2. Mark the Bracket Locations
Position the box brackets at each end of the headrail. When using a single center support bracket, center it between the box brackets. For more than one center support bracket, space the support brackets evenly, not more than 30" apart. Make sure the brackets will not interfere with the cord mechanism or any other internal parts. Mark the bracket for mounting hole locations, making sure they are square and equally spaced. For outside mount installations, use a level to check for levelness.
Position the box brackets at each end of the headrail. Depending on the installation location, box brackets can be attached using the top, back, or side holes. When using a single center support bracket, center it between the box brackets. For more than one center support bracket, space the support brackets evenly, not more than 30" apart. Make sure the brackets will not interfere with the cord mechanism or any other parts. Mark the location of the desired bracket mounting holes, making sure that they are square and equally spaced.
Step 3. Bracket Installation
Screw brackets into wall as shown.
Screw brackets into window frame as shown.
Step 4. Valance Installation
Attach the loose plastic valance clips (Part 1) to the front of the headrail, one at each end. Space any remaining clips evenly. Press the other side of the plastic clip (Part 2), which is already screwed to the valance, to Part 1. The two parts of the valance clip should snap together.
Step 5. Blind Installation
Align the headrail with the center support and box brackets. The headrail should have the tilt mechanism facing toward the room. Be careful not to trap the top slat in the brackets and slide the headrail straight back until it is snug in the brackets. If the headrail can slide from side to side in the box brackets, you can use a flat head screwdriver to bend out the tabs on the end of the until it is snug.
Lower the front gate of each box bracket and press until the locking tab clicks into place.
- To lower the blind, pull the cord down and towards the center of the shade to unlock the cord. Then, slowly release the cord until the shade reaches the desired location. Move the cord past the outer edge of the shade and let go to lock the cord.
- To raise the blind, pull the cord straight down until the shade reaches the desired location. Move the cord past the outer edge of the shade and let go to lock the cord.