- Affordable Modern
- Get the modern look of cellular shades at a cost that will make your wallet sing and smile.
- Take Your Pick
- With so many colors, textures, and light control options, there is a pleated shade for every room!
- Super Light
- The marginal weight of pleated shades allows them to jazz up even large windows.
- Easy as Pie
- For shades that make a big impact on design and style, they are simple to operate and ultra easy to clean.
Pleated shades, pleated blinds, or accordion blinds offer a contemporary look with clean, neat pleats in soft colors and natural textures. These handy shades will cut the sun's glare while smoothly filtering in light and are more budget friendly than similar alternatives.
Available in both 1- and 2-inch pleats, accordion blinds are available in a variety of slid neutral and natural colors, along with linen inspired and rustic textures available. While decent on their own at blocking light and providing some privacy, light filtering and blackout liners are available as option upgrades to take your light control to the next level.
Benefits of Choosing Pleated Shades
At JustBlinds, our goal is to make window treatment shopping as easy as possible. Our Buying Guides for Shades is a great place to start! Here are some advantages when choosing pleated shades for your home:
- Light Control: Pleated blinds are great for light control, especially when paired with a light filtering or blackout liner.
- Color Variety: Pleated shades are available in a range of colors and textures, perfect for matching or complimenting any décor.
- Lightweight: Pleated blinds are a lightweight window covering, making them ideal for larger windows where a heavier blind or shade would be more difficult to operate.
- Consistent Pleats: Accordion blinds stay true to their 1- or 2-inch pleats, meaning that every time they’re raised, they perfectly re-pleat.
Upgrades and Options
Pleated shades are also available with a range of upgrade options to further customize and get the perfect window treatment for your room.
- Cordless Lift: A popular option with hidden control system that eliminates the lift cord on your pleated shades and enables the shades to be easily raised or lowered with the touch of a finger.
- Top-Down / Bottom-Up Controls: A popular option that allows your accordion blinds to be raised and lowered from either the top or bottom of the window, affording more versatility in light control.
- Liners: Pleated shades are available to order with light filtering or blackout privacy liners, adding an extra layer of light control to your windows.
While pleated shades are a great option for window coverings, they may not be the perfect option for everyone or for every room. A few things to consider:
- Room darkening liner is not available with cordless lift options.
- Optional fabric liners will be visible from the outside with a neutral color facing outward.
- Due to the construction of the shades, light will filter through the route holes even with a liner.
- Due to a recommendation from the Consumer Safety Commission, top can only be lowered half the length of the shade when TDBU lift option is chosen.
Measuring and Installing Pleated Shades
These pleated shades are custom built to fit any of your windows perfectly and can be easily installed by anyone; You don’t need to be an expert! We’ve created guides on How to Measure and How to Install for accordion blinds that are intended to not only help you correctly measure and install your new shades but give you the confidence in knowing how to do it.
Don’t forget, we have a team of in-house design consultants here at JustBlinds that are happy to help you along the way. If you have questions about measuring, installing, or just which window treatment is best for you, they are only a phone call away at 1-800-959-9939.
Measure and Install
- Minimum Width: 24"
- Minimum Height: 24"
- Maximum Width: 72"
- Maximum Height: 84"
- Minimum Width: 9"
- Maximum Width: 96"
- Minimum Height: 12"
- Maximum Height: 96"
Standard Mounting Requirements
- Approximate Inside Mount Deduction: 3/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth: 1 3/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed): 2 3/8"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 2"
Deluxe Mounting Requirements
- Minimum Depth: 1 1/16"
- Minimum Fully Recessed (1" Pleat) : 1 15/16"
- Minimum Fully Recessed (2" Pleat): 2 1/4"
- Minimum Outside space: 1"
Cordless and Continuous Cord Loop Lifts
- Minimum Depth: 5/8"
- Minimum Fully Recessed (1" Pleat): 2 3/8"
- Minimum Fully Recessed (2" Pleat): 2 5/8"
- Minimum Outside space: 1 1/2"
- Cordless Lift
- Cordless Top-Down / Bottom-Up Lift
- Corded Top Down/Bottom Up - Deluxe only